Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes
Made this on a random whim on Christmas Day and they came out pretty good – surprising for me 😉 This version of coconut flour pancakes is fluffier than my last one, and just as delicious. You can use regular eggs instead of egg whites (or 1 egg plus 2 egg whites); that might make the pancakes denser (and probably tastier!) so let me know if you do try the recipe that way.
Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes (makes 6 small pancakes)
1/2 coconut flour
3/4 cup egg whites
1 small or 3/4 large banana, mashed
1 tsp flax (can add more)
1/2 – 1tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1. Spray a griddle with cooking spray (or use coconut oil) and heat on medium heat.
2. While griddle is heating, mix all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle (if using a large griddle, you can make a large batch of pancakes at once).
4. Allow to cook for approx. 1 minute until firm, then flip and cook for an additional minute until done.
5. Repeat with remaining batter.
Nutrition Info: 300 calories, 48 g carbohydrate, 24g protein for the entire batch (50 calories, 8 g carb, 4 g protein per pancake if making 6).