No Photo Shrimp Tacos
Hello from the ‘burbs of Framingham…I know I’m a week overdue on catching up with blog posts (sorry!) – but I was spending some quality time with one of my very best friends Vanessa who lives in NJ and was up here visiting. In my last post, I mentioned that I made Shrimp Tacos for Vanessa and I when she arrived on Sunday night – but I never posted the recipe. Well I didn’t forget 🙂 Here it is – sans the photo of the real thing…The image below is of Tempeh Tacos but just imagine shrimp in there instead of the tempeh 😉
During the week, amidst catching up on school work, I also went to Vanessa’s mom’s place for a Lobster Dinner on Wednesday night, then met a friend for drinks and dinner in Jamaica Plain on Thursday. Friday and Saturday night were spent catching up on schoolwork, getting my bike checked, running errands and chilling out at home, and Sunday (after homework, laundry & errands) I watched an old episode of The Good Wife (in preparation for the season premiere on Sept 30th!!!!). This week also brought a new rug and a painting to my little studio (both bought on sale from Pier 1) – and it looks so much more homely now. Pier 1 is addictive though…good thing it’s not that close to my house.
Anyway, I digress – here is the recipe for Shrimp Tacos (and a pseudo-picture for some color)
Shrimp Tacos (serves 2)
4 corn tortillas, warmed
1/2 lb pre-cooked medium shrimp, thawed under cold water (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
5 – 6 button mushrooms, washed and sliced
1/2 red pepper, washed and sliced
1/2 yellow or green zucchini, sliced
2 cups spinach, washed
1 – 2 sliced roma tomatoes
handful baby spinach
1/4 cup salsa (plus more if desired)
1/4 cup shredded cheese (optional)
1. Spray a skillet with cooking spray (or use 1-2 tsp olive oil) and heat over medium heat.
2. Add zucchini, peppers and mushrooms and saute for 1 – 2 mins. Add shrimp and spinach and saute an additional 2 – 3 minutes till mixture is hot.
3. Place warm tortillas on 2 plates and top each with 1/4 of the shrimp and veggie mixture.
4. Top each taco with some spinach, a few slices of tomato, 1 Tbsp salsa, slices of avocado and 1 Tbsp shredded cheese (optional).
5. Serve with additional salsa and a side salad (if desired).
If you like salsa as much as I do, you’ll probably end up eating half the jar in one evening…but hey, I like my salsa.
PS, the Pineapple Salsa from Trader Joe’s is really AWESOME…you might end up eating the whole jar in one evening.
PPS – No they did not pay me to say that…I just LOVE the stuff 🙂