Where is the summer going?
I can’t believe that it’s already August 3rd. Where did the summer go??? It’s pitiful that I still haven’t done 2 of the most classically “summer activities” that I do every year: (1) go to the beach and (2) eat watermelon, and what’s even worse is that I don’t know if I will get around to doing them…especially the beach thing 😦 Part of my dilly-dallying about the beach is that here in Massachusetts, you have to pay around $25-$30 to park at the beach, and since I’m only in the sun for an hour or two it doesn’t seem worth it. But maybe I’ll drive out to a beach in Maine or something…yeah, right. Who am I kidding…2012 will probably be a “beach-less” summer for me.
Anyway, what types of things do you typically associate with the summer? For me, it’s:
1. The beach
2. Spending time by the pool, reading
3. Eating ice-cream and ice-pops
4. Eating watermelon
5. Frizzy hair (not a big fan of this one )
6. Flip-flops and sandals
7. Dining al-fresco at restaurants
8. Enjoying late sunsets
9. Wearing light clothing (I LOVE shorts and t-shirts…and could probably live in them for the rest of my life if it weren’t for the winters here)
10. Smoothies, smoothies and more smoothies
11. Farmer’s Markets and fresh produce (think summer squash, strawberries, cherries)
13. Drinking iced, white wine
14. Enjoying outdoor activities (biking, running, kayaking)
15. Basking in the warmth of the sun (always puts me in a good mood)
After writing all that, I’m thinking “why do I live in the North-East?” I should move to Florida or Southern California…hmmm. Well, let’s work on getting to the beach this year first, and then we’ll see…
Have a great weekend guys!