French Toast Breakfast
Good Morning everyone! I hope this week has been off to a great start for y’all. I started my day with Gluten Free French Toast and egg whites – for the third day in a row! I don’t know why I’ve been on a French Toast kick this week but I just can’t get enough of it. I also find that with the combination of healthy carbs (whole-grain, gluten free toast & fruit), protein (eggs/egg whites) and fats (nut butter), this breakfast keeps me perfectly satisfied and energized till lunchtime. I use gluten-free bread since I’m gluten intolerant, but whole-grain bread will work just fine. And of course you can add any fruit you wish! The last couple of days, I’ve cooked up the remaining egg white batter and also had an egg on the side for some extra protein so feel free to add an extra egg and egg white on the side based on your hunger levels. The extra protein will certainly keep you satisfied for a while.
French Toast with Berries
2 slices whole-grain (or gluten free) bread
1/4 cup eggbeaters or eggwhites
2 Tbsp almond milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
5 sliced strawberries
5 – 6 blackeberries
1/2 sliced banana
1-2 tsp nut butter (almond, peanut etc)
1. Whisk egg whites, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a shallow dish.
2. Dip bread in batter till it is evenly coated and soaked through.
3. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and cook bread till golden brown. Flip and cook till the other side is evenly browned. Set aside on a plate
4. Heat berries in the same skillet and pour over toast.
5. Top toast and berries with nut butter and banana slices.
6. Cook the remaining batter and an extra egg (if desired) and serve along-side toast for extra protein!